What’s great about Adobe’s Creative Cloud is that I now have access to a lot more tools than before. I bought Design Premium when I started freelancing, giving me access to Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Now I can play with Premiere, Audition, After Effects and more.
A few days ago I posted this to Twitter:
Click for larger image
I was busy making a promo video for ConcertWall. We (me and Kristof) are trying to get more eyes on the app. It’s very hard to promote your app in a crowded app store. There’s many people trying to do the same and only a few featured spots.
Here’s the video:
Some things I learned:
- It’s better to record audio while you’re explaining, syncing is a *****.
- Adobe Audition is a pretty cool audio recording app
- TheMusicBed is a good site to grab stock audio tracks
- Editing video is sloo-oo-ow. If this was my day job I’d probably want a very specific setup to do it fast (a fast machine w/ fast external hard drives)
- YouTube transcripts are awesome: I uploaded a transcript (just a .txt file containing what I said( and it automatically made the subtitles for me.
I’m pretty happy with the result, I have some ideas for a next promo video to make it shorter and more ad-like. Next up, I want to brush up my After Effects skills so I’ll be able to do stuff like this.