Short version: looking for an Antwerp based web developer.
I’m pretty far: I have a running responsive slideshow, have all of the content ready, and it looks good.
There are 3 ways to view the photos:
- As thumbnails, to quickly find a photo
- As a list, to scroll through the biggest versions of the photos
- As a slideshow, to see each photo in detail
The slideshow part specifically is pretty badass (thanks @joggink for your JS help):
Switching slides triggers a nice CSS animation, and the page is fully responsive. I’m using intrinsic ratios to make sure no photo is ever deformed. There’s an option to display diptychs and triptychs without having to use Photoshop:
Everything can be controlled through keyboard shortcuts. And every photo is available at it’s own unique URL. Getting all things right is important.
However, there are some big things I don’t have the chops for:
- Performance optimization through AJAX loading of content (e.g. in list view, an infinite scrolling type loading like Twitter; in thumbnail mode a way to load more thumbs by clicking a more button)
- Extreme image optimization: when uploading an image at full res, several smaller versions should be generated, and these versions should be loaded when appropriate (i.e. someone viewing photos on an iPad should only ever see a 1024px wide version of images, any extra data would be a waste)
- Automating the upload process: it should be possible to update the photography section easily (i.e. through Dropbox or iffft). This will probably be a backend module where each photo is a new post, using the WordPress post mechanisms.
I am specifically looking for a person that is in Antwerp, is freelance and can take new projects on a regular basis.Extended requirements
- You are proficient with git and Github: you know how to merge and branch and work with remote repos
- You care about design details and getting everything “right”
- You have a deep knowledge of the web and what works and what doesn’t (read: you are experienced)
- Knowing WordPress or not knowing WordPress is not really an issue: WordPress development = PHP anyway
- You also need to be a badass developer, but I think that’s pretty obvious.
I would like to develop a working relation with a developer in Antwerp so it’s easier to sit together for new projects in the future.Q: What is the budget?
We should go through the features together and decide a budget based on what needs to be done. I know that quality costs money.Q: Where should I apply?
Send me an e-mail.